FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS- OWNER SECTION
Why should I work with your company?
Our property managers are very knowledgeable and readily available to take care of your needs. We are proud of a support staff that has worked as a team for many years that is professional and offers exceptional service. Our good reputation, solid business practice and the fact that we treat your property like it is our own is why you should add your property to our inventory. You can feel confident, whether you are 10 or 1000 miles away, that your investment is being managed with quality care.
How do we know what the property will rent for?
We will research comparable units (similar size, features and amenities) to make a recommendation based on current market trends. Our goal Is to price the house in a manner that will maximize the number of applicants.
How do you advertise?
- List the property on all of our websites and our syndicate partner sites now totaling over 55 websites, all with exceptional traffic every day.
- We advertise daily on Craigslist.com
- Yellow Pages & Yahoo Local Pages
- All new properties are emailed out to our large database of potential renters that are on our mailing list and all referral partners in our network (Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers, Local busineses)
- Sign and Lockbox at the property
Do you screen the applicants?
In addition to verifying their current residence, payment history and employment status, we obtain credit reports on all applicants.
How will I receive my rental proceeds?
Once the property is rented we offer different options. Each month, we will mail a check to the address you provide or we can deposit a check to your bank account, which is the preferred method for most of our clients for ease and to stay Green and maintain our paperless office environment. In addition, you will receive a monthly statement. It is computer generated, not hand written, and not only gives you over all income and expenses but details every transaction for you. We also include all receipts from vendors for work completed.
When are inspections of the property done?
Before the execution of the lease renewal, or whether you request it. We are not certified home inspectors, and do not test appliances or other working systems of the house during walk through. During our visit we look for obvious damage and observe the condition of the house.
Do you sell real estate?
No. Our attention is focused 100% on the properties we manage. If you are looking to buy more investment properties or sell your properties or sell your property we are happy to refer you to a realtor.
Who holds the tenants Security Deposit?
We hold the security deposit into our broker trust account.
How do you handle Evictions?
The eviction process in California, when compared to other areas of the country, is fast. We begin the eviction process on the 5th of the month by posting a Notce to Pay or Quit at the property. When the mandatory time has expired and the tenants have still not met their obligations we will have our attorney file the appropriate paperwork with the Court. Usually between 2-4 business days later the tenants will be physically removed from the property and the locks will be changed. The entire process averages about 4-6 weeks.
How can I be sure the tenant will maintain my property?
Being a landlord and having rentals is a “business”. With any business or investment there comes with it a certain amount of risk. The most realistic answer to the question is that you “cant be sure” of anything. However, you can take the necessary steps to reduce your risk by using a property manager that checks a tenant’s background, executes a solid lease agreement and checks on the tenant periodically.
What is involved in preparing a property to be rented?
Your property will rent quicker and demand a higher rent value if it is clean and in good condition.
When can we start?
If you are not currently involved with a licenses management firm we can start immediately. Call today to set up and appointment with one of our experienced property managers. When we begin advertising, the property needs to be ready for an approved applicant to take possession.
FAQ – RENTERS/TENNANT SECTION
How do I qualify to rent?
You must complete a rental application and pay the application fee, we will run credit on everyone 18 years of age, and older, get current and previous rental references and verify all income. Once all information has been gathered we will present your application to the homeowner for final approval. If you are self-employed we will require tax records and/or business bank statements and/or personal bank statements. The information here does not limit what we may require to process your application.
How long does processing take?
Processing can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for completed application. Immediate (same day of application submission move in is not permitted.)
What are move in costs?
Once the application is approved the Security Deposit Is due, in full, immediately to take the property off the rental market. We will hold the property for a maximum of two weeks, from the date of application approval, before the rent starts. At your lease signing appointment the first months rent, pet fee(s) and any other negotiated monetary terms will be due ,in full. ALL MOVE IN COST(S) MUST BE PAIN IN THE FORM OF CERTIFIED FUNDS
Who pays utilities?
Although each property has different requirements for utilities, generally, the tenant is responsible for power, water, gas and trash.
Where do I pay my rent?
We make it very convient for you to pay your rent online on our website via a credit or bank card, plus you have the option to have your rent deducted monthly via your bank account. If you need to drop off your rent at our office:
Vienna Holding Corporation. 5842 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin ca 95765. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM. Please call for holiday office hours
When is my rent due?
Your rent is due on the first day of every month, regardless of the day of week or if the first of the month falls on a holiday.
Who is responsible for repairs?
You are responsible for contacting Vienna to report all repair issues. On our website at www.viennapm.com you will find our maintenance request form, filling this out will provide you the fastest response time as it is forwarded automatically to our staff who will contact a maintenance company/vendor. Vienna will contract for and facilitate the repair between you and the vendor. You will be help responsible for all repairs caused by your misuse/neglect. Please review your lease for specific details or call us with questions.
Click here to submit a work order.
Do you accept pets?
Vienna Holding Corporation’s company policy strictly prohibits and Pit bull or Rottweiler dog breeds on property at any time. (mixed & pure bred). All other animals are approved on a case by case basis.
Do I have to give a thirty day notice to move?
Yes. A thirty day notice must be given on the first of the month for the last day of the calendar month. For example, if you give notice on September 15th to move out on October 15th your notice will not be accepted as this is not a “calendar” notice. You must give thirty day notice on September 1 to move on September 30th. Thirty day’s notice is required even if you are moving out at the end of your lease. You can submit your 30 days notice to our office in writing or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get my Security Deposit back?
Click here to review the move out cleaning checklist. Review your lease agreement for further information.
Our Company’s Management Benefits:
- Approved and tested California Association of Realtor leases with customized updated addendums
- Fair Housing Complaint tenant screening process which includes credit check, police record scan, and public records scan
- Interim inspection policy for all tenants with comprehensive inspection reports. Email photos from property inspections also available
- Interactive internet site with photos and rental applications on line for 24 hour access- , tenant and owner portals for access to full property reports, accounting and able to pay rent online.
- 24 hour emergency answering service
- Full time leasing agents to show properties and respond to rental inquiries that includes monthly rental logging system for rental activity analysis
- Fully automated monthly reporting systems with fully automated accounting systems for owners statements plus year end recap reports for all properties
- Direct deposit capability upon owner request- Master Card, Visa and Amex credit cards accepted
- Member: National Association of Realtors, Placer County Association of Realtors and National Association of Residential Property Managers
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, good tenant relations, and preservation of capital assets
FULL SERVICE MANAGEMENT CONTRACTS INCLUDE:
- Single family or condo properties Vienna approved lease agreement including updated addendums tailored to specific needs
- Various advertising of the property including, photographic display on our website www.viennapm.com plus multiple other advertising sites we are syndicate partners with, plus we also advertise daily on Craigslist
- Comprehensive property evaluation and inspection prior to tenant
- Signage and lock box access for speedy tenant evaluation
- Automated accounting systems set up
- Tenant showings
- Property management contract covering your specific requirements
Monthly management fees include:
- Rent collection
- Monthly accounting statements
- Disbursement of funds
- Assessment and collection of late fees
- Posting of eviction notices, notices to pay, notices of breach
- Repairs and maintenance supervision
- Staff recommended local licensed and insured repair contractors
- Various “drive by” inspections
- Year end accounting recap statements
- Banking services including direct deposit option
- Security deposit trust accounting and disposition
New Tenant Lease Includes:
- Signage and lock box
- All website syndicate partner advertising
- Internet advertising and daily Craigslist advertising
- Email and fax network publication of availability to network leasing agents
- Property showings by our leasing agent and other rental agents
- Rental commissions paid to renting agent
- Tenant application and screening service including credit report
- Move in preparation of property
- Execution of lease with tenant and tenant orientation to rules and regs. And collection of guaranteed funds upon move in
- Executed copies of documents to all parties
Tenant lease renewal includes:
- Interim property inspection with tenant
- Interim repair and maintenance condition report with photos
- Repair and maintenance coordination as required
- Review market conditions on rental rates and terms
- Negotiate and execute new lease
We appreciate the opportunity to discuss our qualifications with you. Please let us know if we can provide you with our references to assist in your decision about our company.
General Information for Prospective Renters:
Thank you for your inquiry about home rentals in our area! We hope we can find you just the right place! But first, let us bring to light some information about the rental market and conditions here locally.
Most property management companies have an application process that must be completed prior to your taking possession of the property. You can expect to fill out an application, pay varying administration fees for the application research, credit report and leasing work. In our company the NON-REFUNDABLE application fee is $35. You can pay those fee’s on our website when you fill out your application or you can bring in those funds to our office with your completed application if you do not have access to our website. It can take up to 2 days to get the owners approval or disapproval of the application fee.
If you have concerns or questions about this process, please discuss it with your leasing agent. Not everyone one has perfect credit and in certain circumstances, property owners have been known to make exceptions based on compensating factors .
EXECUTING THE LEASE
To execute your lease, you will need to pay the money required on our website with your lease or you can bring the money required into our office before you move into the home. These amounts will include damage deposits, pet deposits, rents and prorated rents as previously discussed with your leasing agent. PLEASE NOTE: you will need to bring in these funds in the form of a certified check or a money order. NO CASH and NO PERSONAL CHECKS are accepted. After you have reviewed the lease with the property manager you will then receive the keys to the property, a copy of your lease, and a check in inspection report for you fill out at move in.